Asmara, the capital of Eritrea is the largest City. Laying at an altitude of 2400 meters above sea level the City has a year round pleasant climate at a range of 18-25 Celsius. Even during the summer time Asmara has an enjoyable climate. The modern city of Asmara was literally created by the Italians between the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th Century. The city’s elegant streets and the adjoining promenade are comfortable for day or night walking.
The city now accommodates more than 400 art Deco buildings officially recognized by UNESCO. The city maintains its cleanliness, which is commended by many visitors. One of the attractive features of Asmara, in particular and the country in general is that it is the safest place to enjoy. One would feel as if one is in Rome when touring Asmara. Many Italians use to call it “Asmara Bella” .meaning “Asmara the beautiful”.
We are going to visit some of the 400 art deco buildings in Asmara
* The Medeber, where artisans recycle used car tires, plastic containers, wood. It was established in
* The Catherdral built circa 1920s
* Cinema Odeon, Cinema Roma built 1920s
* The railway built 1900 where there are still century old locomotives running between Asmara and
Nefasit on orders.
* The Eritrea Musem
* The tank grave yard, remnants from the war between Eritrea and Ethiopia from 1961-1991
* The Grand Mosque built in 1936. It stands in the heart of the town facing the Municipality Hall
End of Tour!!!